Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Mem'ries, Like the Corners of my Mind....

LuLu came to live with us when she was a year old. It took her a few days to get used to us, but she is my best friend now. She is real happy living with me, My MaMaFigure and That Man. She is real clever too, and thinks up all kinds of games for us to play.
But sometimes, LuLu gets what My MaMaFigure calls "a moment of melancholia". That means she gets real sad. It only happens when My MaMaFigure plays the piano. When My MaMaFigure sits down to play, LuLu climbs on the back of the chair behind the piano and lays over the edge. It doesn't matter what My MaMaFigure plays..... Turkey in the Straw, The Blue Danube, I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing....LuLu climbs to the top of the chair and slumps over the back. When the song is over LuLu raises her head and looks at My MaMaFigure. That Man always says "Play it again Sam" and My MaMaFigure launches into Hark the Herald Angels Sing or This Land is Your Land or Beethoven's Ode to Joy and LuLu falls over the chair again. That Man says LuLu looks like she needs a cigarette. When My MaMaFigure gets up from the piano, LuLu is ready to play Blob Boys, New Squirrel or Chase with me again.
The picture above was taken when LuLu was listening to My MaMaFigure play the Theme from the Flintstones. My MaMaFigure says LuLu is a woman with a past.

8 comments:

  1. Mister Bean, it is awesome the Lulu enjoys listening to your Mama when she plays. Maybe she is reminicising some good thoughts too like when she came to live with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw at Lulu being sad -- she must have some great stories that she's remembering when your MamaFigure plays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Lulu, honey! Are you whutcha call a torch singer??

    PS From Hank's mom: FUNNY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr. Bean; Don't know what happened to your post about your antics at Pets Mart, but I was laughing all the way here to read about it. LOL...my Paisley has done that too. Make sure you Mommy know it is up to you pugs to embarrass us from time to time to keep us in line.....lol.

    Merry Christmas Mr. Bean and family. We hope you have a warm fuzzy holiday with lots of love and gatherings with family. Pssss......Mr. Bean, we hope you get lots of presents too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mr. Bean and Family;

    Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas filled with warm, love, laughter, and sweet memories!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year Mr. Bean & Family! Hoping all of your 2010 wishes come true.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mister Bean,
    Do you sit next to Lulu while she listens to the music and comfort her?
    Love, Marlene

    ReplyDelete